> > 32 kHz is more than enough for heavy-metal: all
> > heavy-metal enthousiasts have their ears destroyed
> > by concerts at +120dB, and I seriously doubt they
> > can ear frequencies >16kHz :-))
> > (keep cool, I love Metallica, I mean the old
> > Metallica, when they were playing good and strange
> > music, and were not mad about mp3 :-))
> >

> Bullshite.
> Heavy Metal needs much Bandwidth.
> 32 kHz is without any doubt too few.
Are we talking about bandwidth or sampling frequencies ?
I think meant was to lower the sampling frequency from
44.1 kHz (frequencies - 20 kHz) to 32 kHz (frequencies - 16 kHz).
Imho it would make no sense to resample a CD (44.1kHz) and encode it then.
(Btw. Is 32 kHz a valid samplerate from the ISO specs ?)
It's easier and also quite efficient to lowpass at 16 kHz and encode it
then to mp3.
The problem with the resampling is not only the time it takes more to encode,
it's also quite annoying to get the noise from the resampling routines ...

A+
Christian

--
Christian Schepke                       Tel.: +49 (0)231 39 88 99 3
Lehrstuhl fuer Kommunikationstechnik