Curretly none MP2, only mp3 for home story/music-jukebox.

But If I use in past times, then CoolEdit MPEG plugin that was free
downloadable for cooledit 95 (it is not MP3 plugin). It has two
psychoacoustics models, AT&T and NICAM and should save Layer 1 and layer 2
miscelaneous stereo modes and bitrates.
Currently MPEG plugin is not at syntrillium ftp nor web. I can send you one
if you want. I dont know, if it runs with cooledit pro or 2000.

Xing is not good encoder.

Another good encoder is some latest commercial but I dont remember name.

REgards