On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 03:29:41PM +0600, Zia Mazhar wrote:
> And if you want to check out the quality of an MP3 encoder, nothing can
> substitute headphones.

If occured to me today that when people talk about the quality of the
various encoders, maybe a LARGE part of their subjective hearing test
results relate to the quality of their audio equipment and soundcard
rather than the encoders. :)

So you disagree. Okay, you win! Please don't post a response ;)

For instance I have the crappiest radio that exists plugged into my
soundcard but for some reason the audio recorded sounds like a perfect
reproduction. In this same case, when I play the recorded WAV/MP3 back
through the exact same speakers at the exact same volume and settings as
recorded, it sounds much crisper and BETTER than when I recorded it.

Wonders will never cease!

In case you're offering me cash, I'm never gonna give this radio away. :)

Keep on rockin'