moin moin Ingo!

It's late, but maybe not too late ;)

Ingo Saitz schrieb am Die, **16 Mai** 2000:
> MoiN
>
> I just was encoding some music with "lame -q1 -V1 -mj -b32 -B320"
> when I found some very audible artifacts in one file. The piece is
> "Barbara Ann" by the "Beach Boys" found on "Fetenhits - The real
> classics". However encoding with full stereo seems to help, but
> the filesize grows up.
>
> If you want to take a look I have provided ~7secs at
>
>       http://www.geocitites.de/brabanzu/BarbaraAnn.gz
>
>     Ingo
> --
> I am the "ILOVEGNU" signature virus. Just copy me to your signature.
> This email was infected under the terms of the GNU General Public License.

I finally think that the bug causing the problems on that Song
is now fixed (in CVS). As the analog silence detection was plugged
into the VBR code there was something going ugly wrong.
Everytime analog silence was detected in a granule (this happens
often in the side channel with mono like music) the quality settings
were decreased dramatically (too few bits), resulting in audible
glitches.

By the way, Takehiro's scalefac_scale feature (aka -q1 feature)
is now on by default (with -h).

Ciao Robert