I just decoded the demo.mp3 , which is supplied with winamp ( V2.62 )
with the 486 , pentium and MMX mode , and they all produce different
output. I used the disk writer plugin. The resulting WAV files all
have the same length and sound the same ( I did a quick listen ) but
FC ( a command prompt tool , part of windblows ) reports a lot of
differences between all three.

David Balazic