> From: Roel VdB [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> > 3) QD mp2 fast : terrible, where did the frog come from ??
> > 4) QD mp3 HQ   : total mutilation, yeah! spacey effects,
> this is the worst around.
> >                I think would sound like this when a robot has sex.
> > 5) QD mp2 HQ   : low pounding distortion, L channel in start
> > 6) QD mp3 fast : L channel is lost: sounds like there is an extra
> >       instrument introduced. Or maybe it has been through a
> WMA filter
> >       or so.  complete hollow sound.

Which version of the QDesign coder is this? With the last version of MVP I
tried, "fast" and "high quality" modes produced identical output for both
MP2 and MP3.

BTW, you can test FhG JS @ 192kbit/s with AudioActive Production Studio 2.x.
(All other recent implementations switch to stereo at 160).

-- Mat.