| Howdy Robert,
|
| > Alex, if you remember Frank's post about DC offsets, there he attached
| > a little C program to calculate AC/DC offsets as well as a correlation
| > between left and right channels. (was around 00/08/05)
|
| I'm not sure I read those - DC offsets aren't particularly relevant to my
| current efforts (real-time coding).

You want to compute (remove ?) the DC in real-time ? Well the DC is just the
mean of the whole signal, but in real-time you should have a mean on a
portion of the signal... I think a good solution would be to have a fixed
length circular buffer with all the samples coming in. You'd just need to
make the mean of all these samples to get the DC offset. I think the size
should be of 10ms or so. Does anyone know the ear latency for that ? I think
for speaking it's a few milliseconds (the latency of the speech, not the
ear).

(I used a lot of 'I think' there...)