> The 4 examples I brought were POSSIBLE information you have after coding a
> PCM file. These are possible scenarios after you have coding files.
> You've tried to do your very best and you see after coding it wasn't.
>
> Real world examples and exercises:
>
> After coding with -V0 you got:

--snip--

> Calculate the file increase for the options '-b160', '-b192'
> and '-b192 -F'.
> Is this tolerable? What to you expect about coding quality?

--snip--

> Calculate the file increase for the options '-b112', '-b128'
> and '-b128 -F'.
> Is this tolerable? What to you expect about coding quality?

In both cases I think ( I didn't really calculate) the size increase should
be something aroud 5%. Yes, it's tolerable, but I personnaly don't think
that this would increase the overall quality by 5%, So I personnaly don't
use any minimum bitrate (but for classical music I use --noath).
But I don't get your point about what you're trying to explain with those
examples.

> FhG forces 48 kHz on 320 kbps. Maybe to bring the bits/granule ratio to
the
> right place.

But in VBR mixed sampling rates are fordidden.

> Also I extended the brhist function to display percentages between 0.05
and 1
> more accurate.

a good thing.

Regards,