----- Original Message -----
From: "Shel Ritter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2003 1:19 AM
Subject: [MP3 ENCODER] What do EAC profile cfg files do?

> I just downloaded Exact Audio Copy EAC v0.9 Beta 4 an Lame 3.93.1 and am
> wondering what the adapter configuration profile files are for that Chris
> Myden talks about setting up here:
>
> http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/mydeneaclame.cfm?wide=true

Simply someone's idea (Chris M's I'd assume) of the best settings for
EAC/Lame.

> The information there is dated: 12/Nov/2002
>
> I also found another page that describes setting up EOL here that is dated
> January 30, 2003, but does not mention anything about setting up a .cfg
> profle file.  That page is here:
>
> http://www.ping.be/satcp/cd2mp3-en.htm

What is "EOL" or is that a typo?

> I ended up using the instructions from this second page (www.ping.be) to
> set up EAC.   It guided me through the wizard that seemed to set things up
> fairly well.  And >then< I set up the adapter profile configuration as
> Chris Myden described by putting the .cfg file  into the \EAC\Profile
> directory, and then using the drop-down box at the bottom of the EAC
window
> to set it as active.
>
> So I'm wondering these two things:
>
> 1. What exactly does this adapter configuration profile .cfg file do...
and

> 2. Could I have caused problems by adding this .cfg file >after< using the
> EAC setup wizard following the instructions from the second web page above
> (www.ping.be)?

What happened is you simply set everything up manually, then used a .cfg
file to set up everything automatically.  The last thing you did will be the
one that counts.  The settings are probably very similar if not identical.
There is a lot about this process that has generally agreed on "best"
settings.

ARE you having problems, or are you just curious?  If it's the latter, you
can hang around HydrogenAudio for a while and learn all sorts of things
www.hydrogenaudio.org

> Thanks,
>
> Shel

Chris