On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:02:51 +0000
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Seems the kind of perfect job for a scripting language.
>
> If you use Perl as the scripting tool you can make it run on the three
> plataforms mentioned above without mutch trouble. Perl is the ideal tool
> for reading text files, parsing the data and do what you want.
>
> The only thing you'll need is the LAME binaries for different plataforms and
> probably some aiff to wav converter. Perl is easy to learn and with a little
> effort you could do the script in a few days, a week or two depend on your skills

As an alternative: py-lame are python bindings for lame (available from
the download page at http://sf.net/projects/lame/). The py-lame archive
also contains "slame", a simple frontend which uses py-lame to encode
wav, aifc and sunau to mp3. I haven't tested it on Win or Mac OS, but I
don't do fancy things in the py-lame source. So someone with a little
bit of python-fu and knowledge how to use a compiler on Win or Mac OS
should be able to get it running.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
            Yes, I've heard of "decaf." What's your point?