I am currently coding a project for the Creative Nomad IIC mp3 player.
Essentially will allow you to re-encode an mp3 to a lower bitrate than
it is stored on your hard drive and download that re-encoded mp3 into
the nomad player.  It based on the nomad-utils and lame.  I am using C++
for the language of choice using gtkmm for the GUI elements.

My problem is this, I have managed to read and decode the given mp3, but
when I go to encode the pcm arrays back into a mp3 file, the file is
always set at 128kbps.  I have tried multiple calls to lame_set_brate
and am using CBR.  Even when I set the flag, encode and check the flag
through the api, it is set to what I set it to, but the mp3 is still
always encoded at 128kbps.  I have tried everything I can think of, but
to no avail.  If anyone has any suggestions, please recommend them.  I
even sifted through the lame frontend code and seem to be doing
everything right.  I am calling all three init functions, but still
can't change the encoding bitrate on a CBR.

Thanks
Busa
--
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>