Hi,

I am a undergraduate student from the Univeristy of Hong Kong.

I am doing a project on the use of psychoacoustics in LAME focusing on masking.
By reading the LAME's psymodel.c, I know that the masking thresholds for both
short and long blocks, interchannel masking effects and M/S thresholds are
computed.

However, as I am new to the masking stuff, I don't understand how the the
masking thresholds are computed as they are presented in equations.

Could anyone explain how the thresholds are computed? Are there any references
available for masking of LAME?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Agnes Tsoi