I apologize if this is addressed in the archives or if I've missed it in some of the docs, but I've recently gone from a sblive card in my home studio to an EMU 1212m PCI card, and have begun creating 24-bit 48khz wav files.

when using the parameters that I used to use for mid size vbr files on my 16-bit 48khz wavs:

lame -h -v -b 128 input.wav output.mp3

it worked great, I would get a very well encoded MP3 at just slightly above 128kbps average streaming.

With my 24-bit .wav files, the same command line doesn't work, it just reverts to the -b parameter and I get a straight 128kbps mp3 file, or whatever I set the -b to. There is no histogram, just a single line.

I'm sure I'm missing something fairly obvious, thanks for any answers.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

my music: www.tedm.com/mp3s