Hi all,

I just installed lame and found it segfaults. Its pretty weird.

Heres what Im using
--------------------
Mobo: ASUS P4P800 Deluxe
RAM: 1GB 266Mhz DDR
Processor: P4 2.8GHz without HT
OS: Fedora Core 2
GCC: 3.3.3 20040412 (Red Hat Linux 3.3.3-7)
Kernel:  2.6.6-1.435
Lame: lame-3.96-1.1.fc2.fr
Grip: 3.2.0
Normalize: 0.7.6
CROM: Samsung 52X CDROM
CFLAGS: -O3 -mcpu=i386 -march=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce
-malign-functions=4 -funroll-loops -ffast-math

2 Seagate SATA HDDs in RAID-1 Config
-----------------------------------
none on /proc type proc (rw)
none on /sys type sysfs (rw)
none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
none on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
usbdevfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw)
/dev/md1 on / type reiserfs (rw)
/dev/md6 on /boot type ext3 (rw)
/dev/md7 on /home type reiserfs (rw)
/dev/md2 on /opt type reiserfs (rw)
/dev/md0 on /tmp type reiserfs (rw)
/dev/md3 on /var type reiserfs (rw)

I installed the binary rpm from freshrpms and that worked perfectly for the
first day. Next day. I booted up the machine and it started its screwiness.

Now, when using grip, some tracks get encoded and some dont.
For example track01.wav gets encoded and track02.wav doesnt in grip.

If I try to encode using lame from CLI, it segfaults on both tracks.
This happens only on --r3mix, --vbr-new -V3, --vbr-new -V4.

It works on --vbr-new -V2/1/0/5/6, --vbr-old, cbr, abr works so I dont know whats
wrong.

Thats why I find it so weird. Its the same whether I normalize the tracks or I
dont. This has been happening on almost every cd. Another thing I find is that
some mp3s created dont play in madplay, "lost synchronisation: Frame 0"? They
work fine with mpg123.

And its only lame that segfaults. Nothing happens when Im running a large kernel
rpm compile, etc so I dont think its a hardware issue. Any ideas? Just tell me
if U need more info. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Sony

PS: Im using the exact same versions of lame, grip and normalize on my other box
which is a gentoo system which Ive compiled and everything works perfectly. No
probs whatsoever. Everything works fine.