Do a search for "mp3 cut" on freshmeat.net and take your pick of a few.
pretty much all CLI stuff, but hey, if you know exactly what you want (45
seconds) who needs a waveform view?  :)

If you have a Win machine around, I really like MP3DirectCut.  FAst,
accurate and no decode encode losses as it works directly on the frames.
Plus you can do nice fade outs, which would sound much more professional.

Chris