Luca wrote:

Hello. I noticed that the Lame encoder for Linux is slower than its conterpart for Windows. One thing I noticed is that Lame for Windows recognizes my CPU (an Athlon XP) and uses some optimizations, while Lame for Linux doesn't. Has anybody else noticed something like that?

Has your Linux version been compiled with the relevant optimisations? Not sure if what your windows version is using comes under the experimental optimisations or whether enabling support for NASM would do it. I'm just a user and not a particularly cluey one, but so much of this sort of thing depends on compile-time options and it's not always possible to know how precompiled binaries were compiled.

Geoff.