Dear reader,

For a while I've been googling around to find out how I could adjust the equaliser while laming from .wav to .mp3. I want more bass in certain tracks.

 I thought I should use the next options (from the `lame --help' command):

--ns-bass x adjust masking for sfbs 0 - 6 (long) 0 - 5 (short)
--ns-alto x adjust masking for sfbs 7 - 13 (long) 6 - 10 (short)
--ns-treble x adjust masking for sfbs 14 - 21 (long) 11 - 12 (short)
--ns-sfb21 x change ns-treble by x dB for sfb21
--shortthreshold x,y short block switching threshold, x for L/R/M channel, y for S channel

But what the h*ck do they mean? How to use exactly? If you could explain how exactly to apply these options (or how to enhance my bass gain, that's the goal), PLEASE let me know.

 Cheers,

Ytsen de Boer.