Doesn't work that way man - when binary lossy compression is performed (esp
with filesize reduction), a binary comparison of any kind/algorithm is simply
just impossible. What Rich might have meant was an audiophil-istic comparison,
but as this is more subjective and varying from ear-to-ear, person-to-person,
environment-to-environment etc etc, cannot automate a computer to do that for
you.

hence the creation of such websites such as Hydrogenaudio Forums
(http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php), for which mass listening
tests/discussions are done to average out listening profiles to determine
better encoders, sounds, profiles etc.

cheers!
Edmund