On Nov 8, 2006, at 7:59 PM, Richard wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply...
>
> on -m s is full stereo what happen to normal stereo ?
> don't want joint stereo... bad idea
>
> I know you going to say its great, but its not.
> case in point take white rabbit song recorded by Jefferson Airplane
> back
> in the late 60's ( joint stereo ) kill that song, due to the song
> being faded,
> between left and right channel, then inverted... cool effects back
> then,
> Grass Roots, also did that in several of there songs.. as well as
> the Beatles.

Have you tried that with LAME? It may be true for older encoders, but
LAME is very, very good.
There should be almost nothing that it messes up on, especially at
very high bitrates.

You can always test with http://ff123.net/abchr/abchr.html if necessary.

> and as for the -p, not all cd's are perfect as per say...
> so, thought to have error correction,  ( man we even have error
> correction
> memory chips for computers.. )

Unfortunately, -p doesn't apply to CD copying, but to errors in the
mp3 file. And it doesn't help correction, only error detection.