MAD can be another option, but I am not sure how suitable it is for you.
You have not mentioned what kind of platform you wish to port it to. If
you really meant "microcontroller" and not DSP/RISC processor, then you
are going to get real bad performance. Is your processor fixed point? You
would then need to convert all the float code, unless you get some fixed
point version. If you dont mind changing codecs, you can have a look at
FAAC and FAAD, which is for AAC encoding/decoding.