Hi list,

We are trying to use LAME to encode a WAVE file to a 44.1kHz, 64Kbps,
CBR mono mp3 file and are having trouble matching the quality of the
same file produced by ProTools.

Currently we are using the following settings:
Source file 44.1kHz
64Kbps
CBR
Stereo Mode Mono
Quality: 9

which gets us pretty close, but there are still some slight audible
artifacts.  The ProTools file has no audible artifacts at all.

Interestingly, as quality setting is increased, the output actually
gets worse.

We don't know anything about the advanced acoustic settings.  Would
that help our situation?

Sample files are:
-original WAVE: http://monkey-tools.com/downloads/01_11a.wav
-encoded at lowest quality: http://monkey-tools.com/downloads/01_11a%