I'm looking to run simulations of crystals made with metallic cores coated in
dielectrics.  I have used MPB for a wide variety of dielectric structures, but
metal is new to me.  I did some searching on the mailing list for others who
have tried to model metals with negative epsilon, and saw that there was some
movement several years ago.

Has there been any work to make negative epsilon a more supported feature?  I
know my first go at it hasn't led to convergence yet, but I'm still working out
why.

Nathan R. Huntoon, Ph.D.
Director Innovation Gymnasium
Bobby B. Lyle School of Engineering
Southern Methodist University
nhunt...@lyle.smu.edu<mailto:nhunt...@lyle.smu.edu>
214-768-1402 (office)
Sent from my HP TouchSmart tm2 running Windows 7 Home