On Fri, 2014-10-24 at 16:47 -0700, Ian Scott wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-10-24 at 16:35 -0700, Ian Scott wrote:
>
> > I looked at his patch and I'm not quite sure, but I am not a Pulse
> > expert. Steven, when would that probing fail? There's also the
> > byteswapping which I cannot test for because I don't have access
> > to a
> > little-endian box.

I've not seen your patch; so I can't comment on it.

Pulseaudio doesn't mind what you send to it as long as it's within
specification, and correctly presented.  Combination Sample rate in
range, supported format, no. of channels etc.

I dropped the byte-swapping code in my last version (on github) since I
decided it was broken and not all that useful, not quite useless
perhaps, but as long as the mpd sample byte order is in the host
endianness pulse just needs to know that (*NE formats).  The only
occasion it would be useful to in most cases is if you just want to
expose the native order in the media file, I'm not sure if mpd even
has an API to access that.

> Correction: I meant big-endian box.
I could probably test it on my wndr3700, need to build a fresh
firmware anyway! ;-)