On Sa, 2014-11-22 at 19:36 +0100, Max Kellermann wrote:
> On 2014/11/22 15:38, Jörg Krause <jkra...@posteo.de> wrote:
> > I'm not sure how to handle this and I would be glad about any comment or
> > advice.
>
> What you described is expected behavior, and not a problem (you did
> not mention it being a problem).  There is nothing to "handle".

I see. I was unsure if this is expected behaviour.

After playing with Streambels, stopping MPD, stopping Streambels,
starting BubbleUPnP, starting MPD I can see the meta data in Bubble of
the song played when shutting dowm MPD. For me its looked like a problem
because the song is not played when I press the play button, but getting
the "Connection refused" output from MPD:

        curl: curl failed: Failed to connect to 192.168.2.176 port 9989:
        Connection refused
        player: played "http://192.168.2.176:9989/Over_the_horizon.mp3";

So just to be sure if I understand the bevaviour of MPD right: MPD is
bound to the IP/port it had when it was shutdown and if this IP/port is
not valid anymore when it is restarted it will not use or accept a new
IP/port as a new source.

> > I had a quick look at the sources of MPD and I've found the piece of
> > code in src/input/plugins/CurlInputPlugin.cxx:RequestDone() where
> > the error of curl is displayed to the user, but AFAIU the errors are
> > not handled.
>
> Huh, what??  I have no idea what you are talking about.

I supposed the "curl failed" output comes from
CurlInputPlugin.cxx:RequestDone():
        [..]
        if (result != CURLE_OK) {
                postponed_error.Format(curl_domain, result, "curl failed: %s",
        error_buffer);
        [..]

What I looked for was a place where errors returned from curl are
evaluated and/or handled.

> Do you want to develop MPD or do you want to obtain help with a MPD
> problem?

If you say this behaviour is expected I will look for a way out of MPD
to handle this, eg. have a process which checks MPDs output and clears
the state file if necessary. If you say it may be desirable to handle
curls "Connection refused" within MPD I will look for a way to handle
this in the sources.