Hi all,

I am now trying Debian jessie with 0.19.1.  However, zeroconf is not
enabled, and /var/log/mpd/mpd.log shows "zeroconf: No global port,
disabling zeroconf".

Further looking into the code, I found the following in
zeroconf/ZeroconfGlue.cxx, line 52-57:

if (listen_port <= 0) {
        LogWarning(zeroconf_domain,
                   "No global port, disabling zeroconf");
        zeroconfEnabled = false;
        return;
}

then in Listen.cxx, line 112-118

#ifdef ENABLE_SYSTEMD_DAEMON
        if (listen_systemd_activation(error))
                return true;

        if (error.IsDefined())
                return false;
#endif

//...line 149-151:
        listen_port = port;
        return true;
}

Since jessie now uses systemd instead of sysvinit,
listen_systemd_activation() is true.  Then the function exit immediately
without setting listen_port = port.

Correct me if I am wrong as I just guess from reading the code.

Regards,
Kim-man "Punky" Tse

* Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems
  - Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)
  - Voyage MPD   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd)
  - Voyage MuBox (http://mubox.voyage.hk)
* Voyage Store   (http://store.voyage.hk)