On Wed, Dec 03 2014, Max Kellermann wrote:
> This now passes the build test, but I don't like how this adds
> unnecessary overhead to the non-TCP build.
>
> Instead of just "atoi(str)", the !ENABLE_TCP build does:
>
>> +    if (!*str)
>> +            return 0;
>> +    if (isdigit(str[0]))
>> +            return atoi(str);
>> +
>> +    return 0;
>
> Now if you move the #ifdef, this gets eliminated easily.

I take this would be better received:

+static unsigned
+mpd_parse_port(const char *str)
+{
+#ifdef ENABLE_TCP
+       if (*str && !isdigit(*str)) {
+               struct servent *servent = getservbyname(str, "tcp");
+               if (servent)
+                       return ntohs(servent->s_port);
+       }
+#endif
+       return atoi(str);
+}

On Wed, Dec 03 2014, Max Kellermann wrote:
> One more thing: I'd like to know what is the point of this patch.
> I mean, what is the practical use of being able to say
> "MPD_PORT=telnet"?

steve suggested authinfo parsing should accept named ports, so for
consistency I made $MPD_PORT accept them as well.  I don't care about
this feature to be honest (either in $MPD_PORT or in authinfo file) and
am happy to do whatever you prefer.

--
Best regards,                                         _     _
.o. | Liege of Serenely Enlightened Majesty of      o' \,=./ `o