On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 11:41:29AM +0200, Max Kellermann wrote:
> On 2015/08/20 11:36, Kim Tore Jensen <k...@incendio.no> wrote:
> > These tags are much needed in order to sort songs correctly at the client
> > side,
> > after having retrieved them from MPD using either a search or retrieving
> > the library.
>
> I understand.  If there was a way to sort search results server-side,
> would you still need this feature?

Actually, yes. It'd be really useful to be able to manipulate search results
locally in the client. For example: search within a search result with new sort
parameters; re-sort a search result with new sort order; regular expression
based searches.

> We do need server-side sorting for "window" to be really useful.

I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with this feature?

Regards,
Kim