On Tue, 19 Apr 2016 18:05:33 +0200
Max Kellermann <m...@duempel.org> wrote:

> On 2016/04/19 18:01, Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizol...@free.fr> wrote:
> > Of course I've no idea why two such similar fields exist but many
> > automatic taggers seem to set them
>
> Here's the real cause of them problem, and here is where a solution
> must be applied.
>
> > mpd should:
> > * either choose one of the two fields if both are set
> > * or create both ALBUMARTIST and ALBUM_ARTIST fields.
>
> That's spindoctoring!
>
> Let's not discuss this any further.

What we actually need is an RFC for music tagging IMHO. There is no real
reference, only some de facto "standards", based on pop music only.
If I look at music clients, the only consensus about tags seems to be
ALBUM, ARTIST, TITLE and a few others. It would be nice to have RFC
compliant music players. Otherwise we will continue to have 20000
players following 20000 different standards...

R.

--
richard lucassen
http://contact.xaq.nl/