Dear MPD-developers,

Lately I fantasized about a CGI like mechanism that is called when a song
changes for example. External programs can then be notified without listening
all the time, a push basis.
For example it can be used to:
        - Log data about playing behaviour.
        - Change the wallpaper of the system.
        - Output playing information to an external device like a character LCD
          display.
        - Scrobble to last.fm like services.

Anyways, I was not sure whether this was in the scope of the project and what
other thought about it. But since it was an easy hack I've include a patch
anyhow that supplies this functionality.

An example program that uses the functionality can be found here:
https://github.com/dopefishh/mpdcgilog

Best,
Mart