Max,

No advantage of using pipes, it was only chosen because of my unfamiliarity with MPD and sockets.

So now, the second application (running on same computer) will run the client side of the socket. I know where to create, initiate connection and write to the socket. On the MPD side I'm not so sure where in the code that I should create, bind, listen and accept connections, for the socket.

I'm sure this should be more obvious, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed