On 2017/10/23 16:51, Tim Curtis <t...@moodeaudio.org> wrote:
> Hi Max,
>
> I read the GPL, thoroughly. Are you saying Im responsible for actually
> hosting source tars for everything on the image?

No, that's not what I'm saying.  Apparently, you did NOT read the GPL.

No, you do not need to host source tarballs.

But you MUST at least include "a written offer [...] to give any third
party, for a charge no more than your cost of physically performing
source distribution, a complete machine-readable copy of the
corresponding source code". (GPLv2 3b)

Maybe what you're thinking of is GPLv2 3c, however this clause does
NOT apply to you because, I cite: "this alternative is allowed only
for noncommercial distribution"

.. and your distribution is commercial!

Anyway, this written offer from you does not currently exist, which,
as I already stated, puts you already in a state of copyright
violation.  But I tried to skip that formal part, in your favor, and
fast-forward to the part where I pretend you had already included that
written offer.  And I want to redeem that offer.

But if you prefer it that way: I demand that you offer me the source
code according to GPLv2 3b.

Or else I need to proclaim that all your GPL licenses are terminated,
including the one for MPD, which effectively forbids you to distribute
MPD, forcing you to give up this commercial product of yours.  No, I'd
like to avoid that.

> Similar to DietPi [...]

Now you're trying to point fingers at others to distract from your
copyright failure.

> I???m happy to have moOde reviewed by GPL compliance organization and make
> whatever changes they require.

You better hope this formal review never happens, because that would
cost you a shitload of money, to be enforced in court.

And this is not what I ask of you; all I ask is that you follow the
GPL by the letter.

Regards,
Max Kellermann