Incidentally, jason should be able to do an anonymous check out by doing:

svn co svn://sage.math.washington.edu/home/martin/mpir-svn-repo/mpir

It works in Windows anyhow, so it should work in linux. Of course
without ssh he won't be able to commit code. But that is not necessary
at present anyhow.

Bill.