Hi,

To contribute code, you only need to license it so it can be
distributed. At present MPIR is overall LGPL and thus if you want to
contribute we ask that developers license it in a way fully compatible
with "LGPL version 2 (or at the user's option an later version)". You
can simply take the template from one of the files we have modified if
you like.

There is no C++ as such, only a C++ wrapper for C functionality. I
think for the time being it is wise to avoid C++ for the main language
for MPIR. It should use C throughout. However, via the C++ template
files we can happily include C++ wrappers for any functions you
include in C.

There aren't published coding standards yet. At present we are
essentially trying to follow Torbjorn Granlund's example and write in
his style, though this is actually not trivial. So long as your code
does not look radically different from files already in the distro,
other developers may clean them up if any changes need to be made. At
some point we will definitely produce some kind of coding standard
however.

I am personally away for the next 3 days without computer access. But
when I return I will be happy to help you with figuring out which
directories files should go into. Obviously we are happy to have
developers contribute their code.

Bill.