I've gone through the list for the past few days and written up trac
tickets for everything that has been reported that needs fixing,
enhancing or otherwise done. The trac server is a good place to look
for stuff that should be done:

http://trac.mpir.org/mpir_trac/report/1

Anything marked [needs review] (or from after the release of 0.9.0
onwards [done]) has already been dealt with. Anything in red is a
blocker and needs to be fixed before release. Thankfully we are nearly
there!!