On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Cactus <rieman...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> For AMD64 GMP 4.2.4 with the MSVC stuff from my site and MPIR 0.9.x
> with MSVC are essentially identical in performance since the MPIR and
> GMP assembler code is identical.
>
> In MPIR 1.0.0 all the x64 assembler support is based on new code from
> Jason M.  With Jason's help I have learnt a lot I did not know about
> AMD64 in the last week!

Is your updated x64 assembler code in SVN trunk right now?  I just
pulled down the latest SVN trunk code but the speed doesn't seem to
have changed much from 0.9.0.  This is using your "Core2" project in
MSVC for 64bit.  The 32bit version I'm picking "Pentium4" since that
seems to be the newest Intel architecture supported for 32bit.

Intel Core2 Q9550 @ 3.4GHz (Vista 64bit)
GMP 4.2.4 (MSVC 64bit)    = 2m06.904s
MPIR 0.9 (MSVC 64bit)     = 2m07.032s
MPIR SVN (MSVC 64bit)     = 2m09.020s