2009/3/5  <ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com>:

> On Wednesday 04 March 2009 23:56:48 Bill Hart wrote:
>> I've had a think, especially considering the 10's of thousands of
>> people who will be using MPIR in Sage, not to mention the sponsor, and
>> I think we need to write try tests for the mpn functions we use.
>>
>> We could divide the work in half by one person writing the reference
>> tests and the other writing the lt-try tests. I volunteer to write the
>> reference tests. I may be able to start this tomorrow after I finish
>> with converting the core 2 code to yasm.
>>

> I can do half or all if you want  ,although if may be better if I didn't write
> either , so if I have made a mistake , you are unlikely to repeat the same
> mistake .
> Note:
> lshift1,rshift1  are just macros on non-amd systems
> lshift1,rshift1 overlap requirements are same or separate ONLY
> redc_basecase,sumdiff has a mpn/generic written by someone else
> addsub returns int not limb
>
> looking at try it allready has tests for sumdiff ,addlsh1 ,sublsh1

None of those appear in the list when you run try without parameters.
We should add those to the list.

> so we only need new tests for redc_basecase,lshift1,rshift1,addadd,addsub

Cool. Do you want to add some tests assuming there is a reference
implementation available to test against, and I'll write the reference
implementation. That's good enough for me. If a different person
writes the reference implementation to the original then it's a pretty
good test.