On Mar 12, 1:08 pm, Jeff Gilchrist <jeff.gilchr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:48 AM, Cactus <rieman...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > It requires the new version of speed with my recent 'start(step)end'
> > modification.
>
> > At the moment run-speed.py expects Python 2.6 or later. It expects to
> > run on Linux in the directory in which speed.exe is located. In the
> > Windows VC++ build it runs in the build.vc9 directory.
>
> > I will be interested in any problems and in any results it produces
> > (please report machine and its speed).
>
> So just to confirm if we grab the latest SVN code, it will have the
> modified speed code for both Linux and MSVC and then we compile MPIR
> and use your new run-speed.py that you uploaded to the group for the
> actual tests to report?

Yes Jeff, speed.c in SVN trunk has the new capability.

After compiling MPIR and speed you should be able to run run-
speed.py.  It runs either in build.vc9 or where Linux puts speed.

I have made several modifications and uploads of this filoe today as
it has been hard to get it to work on both Python 2.6 and Python 3.0.

It WON'T work on earlier versions of Python.