On Apr 13, 10:03 pm, Bill Hart <goodwillh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> It's up on the site:www.mpir.org
>
> This fixes some (more) issues we had with linking mpir with libtool.
> If this is fixed, it *will* be MPIR 1.0.0.
>
> Bill.

Ok, the libtool issue with libgmpxx.la depending on libmpir has been
resolved on OSX 10.5:

# Libraries that this one depends upon.
dependency_libs=' /Users/mabshoff/mpir-1.0-test/lib/libmpir.la'

Strangely enough this is the result of running "make install" only
once, so it seems that Jason's concern about having to run "make
install" twice did not come true. I am testing on Linux and unless
this goes wrong somehow I think we can release. It also appears that
we do not need to adjust the documentation for the addition "make
install-$FOO" command.

Cheers,

Michael