I don't want to cause too much work for anyone, but would it be
possible to also pass the benchmark code over to Jeff and perhaps Jeff
could run it with the current tuning values before retuning, then do a
subsequent comparison, just to make sure we don't make anything worse.

We should move the discussion off-list, either to mpir-dev if Jeff
intends to sign up for that *high volume* list, or we can just do it
by off-list email if not.

Bill.