On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 10:51 PM, Jason Moxham<ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com> wrote:

> Or getting rid of the mpz_next_prime_thing all-together , cant say I like it
> much. What do people use it for ?

I actually use it and find it very useful.  If I'm doing some kind of
testing or other calculations on increasing primes it is very useful
just to call that function to get the next one to work with.

Right now unless you dig into the code it is hard to tell what the two
current prime functions really do.  So a new defined function that
either provides a way to specify the algorithm to use or have
something very clearly defined would be a great benefit.  If someone
is trying to do work that needs to be repeatable it would be good to
have a way for people to say, "Use MPIR with this is_prime/prob_prime
function using these parameters"

Jeff.