I've uploaded a new code on google group. It is using remainder tree
to speedup the sieving, and now it is sieving up to about log2(n)^2.
It means a speedup by a factor of two for large "random" input (here
random means that nextprime(n) isn't very close to n). For totally
random inputs it is faster than the currently code from approximately
1300 bits numbers.

Just two inputs, on my PC: (the input numbers are special, but neither
of codes recognize/use this)

N=10^2000
mpir's time=229 sec.
my method's time=131 sec.