On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 8:03 AM, Børge Strand-Bergesen
<borge.str...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just installed Visual C++ Express 2008 and yasm according to the
> instructions in readme.txt. When I try to open mpir.sln in VC++Ex, a
> dialog box says "The projects sonsists entirely of configurations that
> require support for platforms which are not installed on this machine.
> The project cannot be loaded."

That is normal and expected.  The Solution file (.sln) contains
multiple projects, some of which are for 32bit builds and some for
64bit builds.  As the instructions say, you can just ignore those
warnings and click on OK.  After about 3 warnings, all the project
files that are supported on your machine will be displayed and you can
continue following the instructions on how to complete the build.

Jeff.