Happy New Year!

I've written a new FFT for integer multiplication for MPIR. I'll write
a series of posts over the next couple of days describing the
strategy, what remains to be done, etc.

To whet your appetite, I include some timings for multiplying various
sized integers.

There is a trick called the square root 2 trick which I haven't
implemented yet, so many of my timings are behind by 5-10% from what
they will eventually be. It's also completely untuned at present! I
also have not got an efficient negacyclic convolution yet, so the
times for extremely large integers are still a little slow at this
point too.

Multiplication (new / mpir): iters 100

8364032:  6.8s / 8.0s
9409536:  9.8s / 8.7s
10455040:  10.8s / 9.6s
11500544: 12.3s / 12.6s
12546048: 14.7s / 15.3s
13591552: 14.0s / 14.2s
14637056: 14.9s / 15.3s
15682560: 16.0s / 14.5s
16728064: 16.8s / 19.5s

20910080: 24.3s / 23.2s
25092096: 28.5s / 33.1s
29274112: 33.1s / 31.8s
33456128: 37.4s / 46.0s

519168: iters 10000: 30.7s / 32.2s
2084864: iters 1000: 13.9s / 15.2s
134103040: iters 10: 17.0s / 24.8s
536608768: iters 1: 8.6s / 9.4s
2146959360: iters 1: 42.3s / 40.3s

Apologies for the lack of data points and not doing a fantastic job of
benchmarketing at this point. I'm about to go out with friends for New
Years celebrations, so more later.