Hi Brian,

I don't know if you've been following the discussion with Gianrico....

....but would it be possible to change the benchmark code so that when
running the benchmark linked against GMP it prints something like:

"Warning: using (slow) *simulated* mpn_mulmod_2expp1" in the Fermat test."

Actually I thought they had such a function now. But I think I am
wrong about this.

Similarly, for GMP < 5.0.0 can we print a similar warning for the
mpn_mulmod_2expm1 function used in the Mersenne test.

And for >= GMP 5.0.0 can we use their new mpn_mulmod_bnm1 function,
which is presumably the equivalent of Jason's mpn_mulmod_2expm1
function.

It would be good to issue this along with the MPIR 1.3.0 release when
we finally get it out. I've sorted out the remaining tickets, but I'm
having autoconf troubles again....