I am, slowly but surely, experimenting with OpenMP in my own git
repository of MPIR. As I said a while back, I'd like to do that first,
then bring in cuda etc at a later date.

I don't know what to suggest, really. On the one hand parallelisation
work is underway, on the other hand it is nowhere near useable in its
current form and probably won't be for a while whilst I'm the only
person working on it. As I said before, if there are any other efforts
going on, I'm more than happy to fall in line behind those, otherwise,
I'll keep plugging away in my spare time. When I do get something
working, there'll be an explosion of emails in your inbox.

I think there are two courses of action:
* Remove it. We don't have it in even alpha quality
* Make it clear it is something we would like to achieve/are working but
isn't at present useable. Something like "experimental areas: ... ... ..."

Any thoughts?

Antony