Hi folks,

MPIR 2.1.0-rc1 was released on 25th May 2010.

Source:
http://www.mpir.org/mpir-2.1.0-rc1.tar.gz

Documentation:
http://www.mpir.org/mpir-2.1.0.pdf

The main features and changes in this release cycle are:

* Fixed the xgcd normalisation issue and redid the tuning code for gcd and xgcd
* Fixes for compiling with GCC 4.5.0 on Itanium
* Set default flags for GCC to -O2 on Itanium as GCC 4.5.0 fails to handle -O3
* Experimental build with Visual Studio 2010
* Removed all old gcdext_threshold that were set to zero
* Changed all mpn_sqr_n to mpn_sqr

The changelog for the MPIR 2.1.0 release cycle is available at

http://www.mpir.org/changes.html

If it is missing something, please report to this list. Please test
and report all issues.

As I'm progressing in managing this release cycle, I'm fleshing out
details on issuing an MPIR release. The current document [1] is a work
in progress and based on Bill's recent post [2] in which he outlines
necessary workflows. Comments, suggestions, or enhancements are
welcome.

[1] http://www.mpir.org/release.html

[2]
http://groups.google.com/group/mpir-devel/browse_thread/thread/f939c5529997fb08