On Thursday 10 June 2010 18:54:14 Fredrik Johansson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the best way to scan an mpz for 1s or 0s in the direction towards
> less significant bits (mpz_scan0, mpz_scan1 scan towards more significant
> bits)?

Unfortunately , there is no easy way without delving into the internals of the
mpz type , not terribly difficult but a little bit messy if you have not done
this sort of work before

> Would it be possible to add functions to MPIR for this?

Any volunteers ?

By the way we should replace our existing mpn_scan0,1 functions , they are not
safe to use if the required bits are set/not set which you may not know until
you have scanned them. :)
For compatibility we cannot replace them , but just add new functions.