On Monday 08 November 2010 19:23:38 jason wrote:
> Yeah , I did the same with mingw* , but that was mainly me being lazy.
> I'm going to change my cygwin back to the 1.5 version , version 1.7 only
> went mainstream this summer. I'll do a few tests , and if everything is OK
> , I'll release RC1

I cant seem to install the old cygwin 1.5 which is slightly odd , I certainly
used it may'ish this year , so unless I was a few months behind , there
appears to be a problem with my windows(32 and 64) , perhaps some windows
update has killed it.

I never had any problems before with Cygwin ,  and mpir has always built OK on
it , so I am going to release an RC1 and someone else can hopefully test it.

At some point I remember talk of cygwin on skynet or the washington machines ,
did that ever happen?

Jason