On Jun 8, 8:32 am, Jason <ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 June 2011 08:21:59 Jason wrote:
>
> > Hi
>
> > I've changed the CRLF ending on some C files as the preprocessor on
> > skynet's mark/mark2 doesn't like it. I'l put some code in devel/regen so
> > that this will be automatic whenever we make a distribution. This will
> > also affect all the C files in the build.vc10 directory , I assume this is
> > not a problem?
>
> > Jason
>
> Some of the header files *.h have them as well , so I'll add them to the
> script.We could also do it on nearly all the files just to be sure?
>
> Jason

Although, as far as I am aware, the Microsoft build tools cope with
different line ending conventions, I don't believe in deliberately
trying to provoke them into bad behaviour :-)

Hence for safety reasons I try to ensure that all files that are
exclusive to Windows employ CR-LF line endings.

In practice I cannot see a problem with *.c and *.h files but I would
be uneasy about changes to the xml based build files since changing
these could have unforeseen implications for the build processes.

     Brian

 all files that are not exxclusive to WIndows maintain the line
endings that they were originally created with

all files that are exclusive to Windows

, it would be safer to leave files that are exclusive to WIndows with
their native line endings.

for safety reasons I would prefer that the line endings of files
exclusive to Windows apply Windows line ending conventions.  In
particular I have had problems with