On 6/29/2011 6:16 AM, Bill Hart wrote:
I think it is sorted now anyhow.

Bill.

On 29 June 2011 12:15, Bill Hart<goodwillh...@googlemail.com>  wrote:
The only way to join a google group is the way google provides.
Namely, go to the webpage for the group:

https://groups.google.com/group/mpir-devel/topics?hl=en&pli=1

and select the relevant option on the right.

Jason, you can possibly also invite members on that page. Maybe this would work.

Bill.

If this message goes through, it is sorted, and thank you! You can see the Google FAQ on how to subscribe to a group here:
http://groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=46606

This was the only place I could find information on how to join a group without a gmail account.

Also, I saw a FAQ on how to view list membership here:
http://groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1046707

And, there is a nice "About" page for mpir-devel that shows counts of posts per month, top posters for the month, and all-time top posters here:
https://groups.google.com/group/mpir-devel/about?hl=en

Thanks for your help everyone.  I'll post some of my questions soon.

-David C.